It has been almost two years since the pandemic started and it rapidly affected our day-to-day lives.
Even though the Covid-19 vaccines were rolled out already, people are still advised to stay indoors and limit physical contact as much as possible.
And because of that, some of the companies are trying to adapt to the new normal as well. Just like West Zone concessionaire Maynilad Water Services, Inc. (Maynilad) that recently launched a program that will give Maynilad customers the option to receive an Electronic Statement of Account (e-SOA) instead of a printed copy of their monthly water bill.
This will mainly eliminate the need to touch your printed copy of the SOA or face a meter reader to receive the SOA. Hence, it lessens the physical contact that may lead to possible COVID-19 exposure. It will also give you the option to get bill notifications via SMS and/or email so it reduces paper consumption and is, thus, environment-friendly.
Either the registered owner or the tenant/occupant can enroll in the Paperless Billing Program (one enrollee per account will be allowed). Once enrolled, it allows the customers to have 24/7 access to their e-SOA, even backtrack and monitor their previous e-SOAs easier and more conveniently. You can also check your summary meter readings and your average water consumption.
Maynilad customers with an active My Water Bill online portal account as of October 22 were automatically enrolled in the Paperless Billing Program.
Those without portal accounts yet but would like to enroll in the Paperless Billing Program may still do so. First, you need to create a My Water Bill portal account where you can view your e-SOA. To create an account, just follow these steps:
- Visit https://mywaterbill.mayniladwater.com.ph/.
- Enter your Contract Account Number (CAN).
- Nominate a password (The password should be between 6 to 20 characters with at least one (1) uppercase and lowercase letter, and one (1) numeric digit).
- Set security questions to secure your account.
- Select your personal image.
- Input your contact information.
Once you have a portal account, you can now enroll in Paperless Billing program
Customers must ensure that the mobile number being used for the enrollment is the same mobile number to be used in the My Water Bill online portal account.
Customers may also apply through the Maynilad Hotline 1626 (Metro Manila) or 1-8000-9283 (Cavite Province), Facebook page (/MayniladWater), or Twitter account (@maynilad), or email ([email protected]). They can also go to any Maynilad Business Area (BA) office or approach the assigned Maynilad Zone Specialist in their location.
The activation will take effect on your next reading schedule after your application has been approved. That means you will start receiving your e-SOA in the next billing cycle, or one month after your application was approved. Note that once the application for the Maynilad Paperless Billing Program is activated, you will no longer receive a hard copy of your water bill.
Customers may reach Maynilad via the following channels to know more about this program:
- Maynilad Hotline 1626 (Metro Manila) or 1-800-1000-92837 (Cavite Province)
- Official Maynilad Facebook page (/MayniladWater) or Twitter account (@maynilad)
- Maynilad Text Hotline: 0998-8641446
- Maynilad Email: [email protected]
- Maynilad Website (https://www.mayniladwater.com.ph/contact-us/)
- Maynilad Business Area (BA) Offices
- Maynilad Zone Specialists
A millenial mom (of two boys) who has passion in makeup and motherhood in between.