Photo Source: Pixabay
The UK is full of gems. All you have to do is head there to find them. From quirky pubs to high-end restaurants, amazing sights, and interesting museums, the UK can offer anything your heart desires. However, before you book your tickets, you need to decide where it is you wish to go and what type of vacation are you after. Do you want something classically British, or something more luxurious?
Consider all of your family’s needs and feelings
You may want to take serene walks along the Thames and check out the Yorkshire Moors, but your other half may want to shop and your kids might just want to have fun. For this reason, you have to take the needs and feelings of everybody that you travel with into account.
For kids that just want to have fun, you should consider taking them to:
- Drayton Manor, Alton Towers, Thorpe Park, or Legoland — These theme parks will be sure to keep the kids happy (and tucker them out) in no time.
- Warner Bros. Studio Tour — If your children are avid Harry Potter fans, this attraction, found just outside London in Watford, is a must.
- PGL campsites — These campsites will see your children partake in a number of different physical activities on a daily basis, from archery to fencing to rope climbing to climbing Jacob’s Ladder.
Work out your budget and then work around it
Just like any other country in the world, there are parts of the UK that are relatively cheap, and there are other parts that will do some real damage to your bank balance. For this reason, working out your budget and then organizing your trip to fit should be one of your biggest goals, if not your biggest. For those of you who would prefer a cheaper UK-based vacation, make sure to consider:
- Southport — Known as England’s finest classic resort, this Victorian town is great for a short break as it boasts many shops, golf courses, casinos, and theaters.
- Pembrokeshire — If sandy beaches and 186 miles of coastal paths take your fancy, then this could be the place for you.
- Llandudno — This seaside gem, located in Wales, is situated right next to Snowdonia.
If you’d rather experience the hustle and bustle of London, you can, and you can even do so for half the price. Encore Tickets take the cost out of nights out in London thanks to the plethora of entertainment, burlesque, and show discounts that they offer.
Pack your walking shoes
The UK might not be particularly big when compared to other countries, but, in order to cram everything into each day that you spend on vacation there, you’re going to need to do a lot of walking. If you stay in London, especially, then it could prove to be advantageous to avoid public transport altogether and to simply walk from A to B. If you stay in Central London, this will help you to see a lot of the beauty that the vibrant city has to offer.
When it comes to planning the perfect UK getaway, make sure to remember all of the advice laid out in the guide above.