Last month, the whole family had an amazing weekend to celebrate Colene’s 2nd birthday (Hubby’s niece) at Al Fresco Springs 2 Resort.
Al Fresco Springs 2 is a private hot spring resort in Los Banos, Laguna. It was a 2-hour drive from Quezon City. This resort is situated near Pansol, Calamba, and is nestled between the picturesque Mount Makiling and Laguna de Bay.
According to their website, Al Fresco Springs 2 is the newest in the Al Fresco Springs lineup. Located conveniently beside Al Fresco Springs 1, this hot spring resort is larger and can accommodate up to 30 people. A great place for family gatherings, parties, and even company events.
This private resort has 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 1 powder area, 2 pools (3ft and 5ft) and a kitchen area. They also have a conference room (with additional fee) and complimentary Wi-Fi.
I didn’t dip in because I just suffered from eczema outbreak in some parts of my body. In fact, I’m still in a recovery stage, as of this writing. 🙁
So everyone enjoyed the hot spring except me. Inggit much hahah.
Entertainment facilities include unlimited videoke (until 12mn), basic cable TV, darts, board games (Jenga) and card games like standard cards and UNO.
Use of their kitchen equipment such as stove, refrigerator, BBQ grill, cooler/ice chest and the generator was included in the package as well.
They have small parking area but you can also park along the streets.
Bedrooms are spacious and air-conditioned. The bed, bedsheets, and pillowcases smell clean. Though I didn’t see any blankets and towels provided. Good thing, we brought our own together with our bedsheets and pillowcases. We started doing this when we got bed bug bites during our stay in Bataan two years ago. Well, except when going abroad or staying in a prestigious hotel.
Anyway, two bedrooms have its own comfort room. The rest will be using the two common bathrooms which are located on both floors.
This area is located on the second floor wherein you can also chill and just hang out with your family and friends.
What I love about Al Fresco Springs 2:
- The overall aesthetics are impressive. The place is relaxing and very homey.
- It is very spacious even with 30 people.
- For P23,000 (21hrs; from 2 pm to 11 am), this may sound reasonable. So if you are 30 pax in a group, that would be around P750/each. For smaller groups, you may check Al Fresco Springs 1.
What I don’t like:
- I noticed that there were mosquitoes in our bedroom. That disappointed me since I am a “mosquito magnet” (lapitin ng lamok). And I’m also worried about the kids with us. Though, I’m not so sure if sa bedroom lang namin. We slept in one of those bunk beds.
- I know it is a hot spring resort, but for someone with skin issues like me, I wish the bathroom tap water is not hot as well.
Nevertheless, it’s a nice place for a quick getaway just a few hours away from Metro Manila.
You might want to check out: Our Weekend at Cleeve Hills Tagaytay
Al Fresco Spring 2 Resort
Lakewood Subdivision, Lot 28 Block 30, Tom’s Creek St.
Brgy Tadlac, Los Baños, 4030 Laguna, Philippines