Coloring your hair is a fast way to change your look.
I started coloring my hair way back in high school. I used Bigen, wherein during that time was the most popular among other brands. As far as I remember, they sell for less than a hundred bucks. They were in a small packaging with a Geisha (a Japanese female entertainer) printed on it. Back then, I colored my hair twice in a year. My favorite shades are Mahogany (a reddish brown shade) and dark brown. Years have passed, I’ve tried different brands. But once in a while, I go to salons.
Since salon fees are quite expensive, I go there whenever I feel like I deserve a little treat lols. My last salon’s hair color was done by Glamsquad located in Timog. They colored my hair in ash gray and I love how my hair turned out. That was two years ago hahaha.
Very timely when Revia sent me some boxes for me to try out. My hair needs a little TLC lols. I got in the shade No. 5 Dark Blonde.
The box contains the following:
- 1 tube of hair color cream (50 ml / 1.69 fl. oz.)
- 1 bottle with an activating emulsion (50 ml / 1.69 fl oz.)
- 1 sachet of nourishing lotion (20 ml / 0.67 fl. oz.)
- 1 pair of plastic gloves
- 1 instruction leaflet
How to use:
- Preparation of dyeing emulsion. Squeeze out the content of the tube with the coloring cream into the bottle with the activating emulsion. Thoroughly mix the mass until a uniform consistency is achieved. After preparing the mixture, break off the applicator’s ending and put the mixture on your hair.
- Hair dyeing. Put the mixture on your hair highlights after highlights. Comb your hair to cover them regularly. Leave the mixture for 25-35 minutes.
- Dyeing of growing hair. In case of dyeing growing hair leave it for 20 minutes, then comb your hair on the whole length and leave it for next 10 minutes.
- After dyeing. When the mixture stops working, wet your hair and massage it softly until foam appears. Rinse your hair until the water is clean and use a shampoo to wash it. To stabilize the dyeing effect, use a conditioner. Leave it for 5 minutes and rinse it.
Here’s my before and after 2 weeks photo!
Sorry, been busy AF during the holidays that I wasn’t able to take a photo of my hair right after the application. But it was way darker than the photo (after) below. I guess the color already washed out (except the top part) when I took this photo.
What I like about:
- Instructions are easy to understand.
- Comes with a pair of gloves.
- Has a good color payoff.
- Easy to rinse.
- My hair feels soft after the application.
What I don’t like:
- Has this strong scent that irritates my eyes. So be careful when applying along the hairline.
- Color (on some parts) only lasted for two weeks.
Overall, it’s not the best out in the market but a nice product to try out. If you are looking for something that is convenient to use and within your budget, you should definitely try this.
Revia Hair Color Cream is only available at Watsons for 285php/box. Follow them on www.facebook.com/reviahaircolors/ for more details.