Fake vs. Real: Benefit the POREfessional PRO Balm
Hello gorgeous and welcome to another Fake vs. Real episode. Today’s main subject, the Benefit Porefessional Pro Balm!
It has been a while since my last post which was about on how to spot a fake NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream. This time, we will make a rundown on one of my current favorites – Benefit the POREfessional PRO balm. This post aims to help fellow makeup lovers and newbies on how to differentiate a FAKE from an authentic one.
It is really disturbing to know that fake or the so-called “SG authentic” makeup is everywhere. You can find them selling online or even in stores. Cost-wise, they sell 80% cheaper. But did you know that they can possibly bring your life at stake? Maybe now you haven’t experienced any adverse effect but have you thought about in the long run? These companies who make these are trying to imitate the original ones the best they could. The scary part is, we don’t even know what kind of chemicals they used.
Let us start, shall we?
Price / Where to Buy
Authentic: P700 (7.5ml), P1800 (22ml), P2900 (44ml) / Benefit Cosmetics Boutique, Sephora, or buy here
Fake: P90 (22ml) or cheaper / Divisoria, online sellers (Shopee, Instagram, Facebook)
(1) Size and orientation almost similar.
(2) The fake looks darker.
(3) The authentic has this smooth and more precise packaging.
(4) From the photo above, you can easily distinguish wherein the authentic has a better printing quality and detailed.
(5) Back portion: Content almost the same but with a different text orientation. The fake has no barcode and the ingredients almost filled the bottom portion.
Left and right side: Content are the same, except the dot separator (if you look closely).
Bottom part: Has a HUGE difference in terms of content, symbols, and layout. This is also where you can find the barcode on the fake one.
(1) The fake is obviously bigger than the real one.
(2) Poor color and printing quality on the fake one.
(3) Different content and orientation. The authentic has a lot more to tell.
(4) Both in twist cap cover. Surprisingly, the fake has a nozzle.
(1) The authentic has a smooth and thick consistency which almost like a silicone. It also has a floral scent which I find therapeutic. On the other hand, the fake is more of a tinted moisturizer and unscented.
(2) The authentic creates a smooth canvas when blended. Lightweight and transparent. Meanwhile, the fake gives a light coverage and takes longer to set.
So I prefer not to test the fake one on my face since I have a sensitive skin.
Nonetheless, I hope you find these pointers helpful on how to spot a fake Benefit the POREfessional PRO Balm. Until next!
A millenial mom (of two boys) who has passion in makeup and motherhood in between.