Fake vs Real: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Istanbul & Amsterdam [Photos + Swatches]
With so many makeup products you could find selling on the internet, how would you know that you are getting the “real” NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream?
I personally don’t use fake makeup simply because they are FAKE! And just because they are fake, we are very unsure of its composition. And the worst part is, your lips might get swollen because of allergic reaction. And no one like this to happen. In this post, I will run down all the differences between the fake and the real NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream, with photos and swatches for your visual reference.
Fake – P50 in Divisoria
Real – varies from P280 to P390 (in stores and online)
(1) The fake one is in a glossy tube and taller than the real one. It also has more like a rounded bottom part and couldn’t stand on his own with its cap on.
(2) There is a product description printed on the fake one while there are “creme a levres..”, volume and weight on the real one. From this, you could simply tell which is the real one.
(3) The fake one has the color code, SHADE NAME, and BATCH NO. Meanwhile, the real one has the color code, batch code, and the serial number.
(4) The real NYX SMLC has a color code on the cap.
(5) On the fake one, the sticker is made with a glossy paper and was not properly placed at the center which is totally different from the real one. You could also spot the difference on the text orientation whereas, in the fake one, the word “Istanbul” is all in capital letters, while in the real one, only the first letter is capitalized. The color code “SMLC06” also differs in size and text style.
(6) They have different wordings and orientation.
On the fake one, it started with “Lip Colors” while the real one starts with “Soft Matte Lip Cream”. The logos cruelty-free and biodegradable are also in different order. The fake one misspelled the word cruelty into “crucky”.
Fake: 311 Shoreham Street, Sheffield, S2, 4FA, UK
Real: 1101 CM Amsterdam Zuidoost, The Netherlands
(7) The fake one has this almost transparent screw bits while the real one has a color mimicking the shade Istanbul. It also has a doe foot applicator that looks slimmer than the real one.
Fake: A glossy-like formulation – thick and sticky, has a strong scent and doesn’t dry matte. It also appears lighter than the real one.
Real: Creamy and lightweight, has a subtle vanilla scent and dries quickly and matte finish.