Travel is one of the things we enjoy as a family. Apart from going to places we have never been, we also create happy memories together. Travel is also a great way to relax and relieve stress due to work and other stuff. It is also fun to learn and experience new things like history, traditions, different delicacies and many more. Meanwhile, other travelers use it as a chance to meet or gain new friends.
Travel sounds perfect, but did you know that planning a trip can be a daunting task? I am the one who always plans and organizes our travels in which I do a lot of research on the best option that would work for us. Planning sounds a lot of work but it’s exciting too! Knowing the fact that you and your loved ones will go on a trip, who wouldn’t get excited? Anyway, let me share with you this simple guide on how I plan our family trip.
1. Know your destination. Your destination is important because this is where your planning lies within. Upon searching, I consider the travel time, activities, attractions, do’s and don’ts, and if the place is safe for the kids and family-oriented. Afterward, I make a list of places to be discussed with the whole family.
2. Research destination costs. Destination costs consist of airfare, accommodation, local transportation, food, entrance fees to attractions etc. Basically, this is everything you will shell out when you are in your target destination. Try to read travel blogs because they usually include their actual expenses for reference.
3. Find a Flight and Accommodation. Lately, booking your flight and accommodation comes hand in hand. And there go online booking sites as a one-stop traveling solution to book your flight and hotel all in one place. One of my favorite online booking sites is Traveloka. It is very easy to navigate and offers the most competitive price for flights and hotels in the Philippines and Southeast Asia. Moreover, they have no hidden charges or add-ons and prices are inclusive of taxes. And the good news, you can pay using credit cards, mobile/internet banking or choose from their various official payment partners. Booking your flight and hotel has never been this easy!
4. Plan your Itinerary and Activities. An itinerary is very important for you to have a schedule to follow and this is where travel blogs become very useful. With travel blogs, you can easily identify then list down all the activities you want to enjoy and know how much do they cost. You can also buy travel guides where you can find suggested activities for you and for your family.
5. List down all the things you will need. Regardless of your mode of travel, make a list of the things you will need three weeks before your departure. Clothes, extra pillows, medicines, toiletries, gadgets (camera, mobile phones, and chargers) snacks and documents if needed. In our case, three weeks are enough to complete and pack everything we need. Moreover, I make sure to bring extra diapers, clothes and few of my toddler’s favorite toys. I use a separate backpack for our essentials like wallet, mobile phones, camera and passports to be easily carried everywhere we go. Given with so many styles and functions, you may check Backpackhack.com to find what’s the best backpack based on your needs. I also check the weather forecast on our destinations to make sure we dress appropriately.
Important tip: Make sure to perform a maintenance check on your car if you are planning to drive to your destination. You may also consider buying a travel insurance if you will travel for a long time. You never know what might happen, at least you’re covered.
Once you are done, you can now sit back and relax. When the most-awaited day has finally come, go on and have fun on your trip!
Hope you learned something from this and feel free to share with me your tips on the comment section below. Thank you for reading! 🙂