Learning Basic Calligraphy with ZPostsManila at The Crafters Marketplace

May 18, 2016 | Lifestyle | 29 comments

Learning calligraphy is an activity that I never thought I would enjoy.

Because one, my handwriting sucks and two, I am not really that into arts. But when I got lucky to be one of the attendees for a free Basic Calligraphy Class at The Crafters Marketplace sponsored by ZPosts Manila (Super thank you Ms. Bangs!), that is when I realized that it is not too late to learn something NEW.

The Crafters Marketplace is located at Rustan’s Grocery, Lower Level, Shangri-la Mall EDSA. The studio is surrounded with black and white hand-painted by one of their talented artists. When I got inside, I felt like I was inside a coloring book hehe.

Ms. Bangs (in yellow dress) of ZpostsManila welcomed the attendees. She also shared a quick background about herself and her passion as an event planner. Afterwards, Ms. Alma of The Crafters Marketplace gave her opening remarks and we moved on to the workshop.

The workshop facilitated by Ms. Larizza Castro (ig: @art.ticulate).

And the fun challenge begins…

Creating downstrokes and upstrokes. The struggle of being a left-handed is REAL!

My favorite part of the workshop. Looks like I am good at patterns hehehe.

Not bad for a first timer! 🙂

Me with Ms. Bangs of ZPostsManila

After the workshop, they handed us a loot bag where inside are special papers and brush pens so we can try brush pen calligraphy at home. Yey!

A big thanks to ZpostsManila and The Crafters Marketplace for having me on this fun-filled experience! Didn’t know calligraphy is a challenging yet relaxing activity at the same time. Now I want to practice more and make it a hobby. Thank you for this opportunity to learn something new. 🙂

For future workshops, make sure you visit The Crafters Marketplace Facebook page here. I am pretty sure they are all fun-filled activity just like our basic calligraphy workshop.

I hope you had fun reading this!
Thank you for your time.

1. rhaindropz

woot naalala ko ang drafting subject sa trade!

2. Masshole Mommy

That is so cool. Calligraphy is so classy looking!

3. Rebecca Bryant

How fun. I would lvoe to learn Calligraphy it's such a beautiful hand writing style.

4. Mai C.

Calligraphy is very much trending these days and it's hard to deny why! It's so nice to be able to attend classes such as this one, I would have loved to be a part of it. Thanks for sharing your experience with us! You did an awesome job!

5. Katherine Hahn

I would love to do Calligraphy, but this is more up my daughters alley. She is good at this kind of thing.

6. Lexie Lane

I have always wanted to learn this! You did a great job.

7. Gideon Nikos Liquid

That sounds like a fun learning experience for those who were engaged there! You did good with your results there as well, congratulations!

8. Shabby Chic Boho

Oh wow, I'd love to learn calligraphy. It looks like you've got the hang of it. I love the look of it and I think it would look awesome on cards and invites.

9. Bernadette Callahan

My gramma used to write in calligraphy. I did learn a little when I was younger but have not used it since. It is so beautiful!

10. Janice Lim

I really, really, really want to learn calligraphy. I actually bought brush pens at home so that I can practice but I think I'll learn more if I attend a workshop like this.

11. Juvyann Petilla

My handwriting is so bad, I don't know if I would do good in caligraphy. However, reading how much you liked the experience made me think, there is hope for me too. Thanks for sharing sis.

12. cheanne

Ooh, I was there too. I had a great time. I hope to be able to attend their other workshops too. 🙂

13. Life With Kathy

That looks like such fun! Everything looks so beautiful as well.

Ay ang taray! I would love to try my luck on calligraphy! haha. ewan ko lang kung papasa.

15. Berlin Maynigo

Ganda! Really not bad for a first-timer. More caligraphy workshops soon!

16. Tetcha

Calligraphy looks like a really fun thing to learn! The Crafters Marketplace has a lot of creative workshops to offer to kids and adults alike. — Maria Teresa Figuerres

17. Priya Aurora

I have always wanted to learn this! My mom and daughter know this.

18. Enricoh Alfonzo Naidu

oh hey! I love calligraphy! Haven't done it in a while. Thank you so much for re-igniting my passion for it. Gonna start doing some asap

19. Louisa

I'd love to try my hand at calligraphy. I used to have great handwriting (actually won best in handwriting when I was younger) but it slowly turned into a barely readable script…

20. Ckrusch

That is so cool. Love calligraphy! It is so pretty!

21. Mecheel Casenas

I have learned calligraphy way back when I was enrolled at a Montessori School. We always have this kind of activity although we used pencil. And nowadays, Calligraphy is a workshop and is much a trending activity. Good Job right there. I never thought you are left handed, your handwriting is awesome.

22. D

As much as I would want to try this, I fear that I am not gifted to do calligraphy. But maybe I will try especially may nagoffer ng classes or sessions for this.

23. CourtneyLynne

Omg how cool!!!! When I was younger I always thought it would be neat to learn calligraphy

24. Ana Fernandez

what a great experience! i havent practtice my hand writing but I should !

25. jared's mum

I wish I'd known about this sooner so I can sign up for their workshop. Been wanting to join a calligraphy workshop since last year but I have not been lucky to find an affordable one or one held near my place.

26. agnes dela cruz

I never tried learning Calligraphy but this looks so fun and it will make you perfect different strokes and the proper way of writing letters.

27. Nina Sogue