Caffe La Tea – Coffee. Milk Tea. Food.

Mar 28, 2016 | food | 29 comments

It is no secret that I am deeply in love with coffee and desserts.

So when OpenRice PH invited me again for an Eat’s A Date at Caffe La Tea, I didn’t think twice and confirmed my attendance. And besides, it was just around the Quezon City area and a few minutes away from our house which is really convenient! So along with the other foodies, we got to experience what Caffe La Tea offers.

Established in Cabanatuan City, Caffe La Tea serves a wide variety of coffee and milk tea concoctions along with their Filipino dishes with a twist. I love that they have everything from appetizers to desserts.

The place is big enough which I find perfect for family gatherings, barkada get-togethers or even for a romantic date.

Moreover, it has a cozy ambiance that makes it a perfect place to hang out. What I love the most is that they have free WiFi, so you can just bring your laptop to do your school works or just surf the net.

“There is no sincerer love than the love of food.” – George Bernard Shaw

Mr. Jerro Santos (who is also a food blogger) and his staff gave us bloggers a warm welcome and we were asked our preferred drinks and desserts on their menu while waiting for the others. I love that the staff are very friendly and accommodating for every question we had in mind.

I was very delighted to see these cute cupcakes!

And they all costs below 60php each? They are the cheapest cupcakes I’ve had so far and they are all insanely delicious! I love Banoffee pie the most! I was able to bring home one of each kind so my family could try them and they loved it too!

When everyone arrived, Jerro and his team served their mouth-watering Filipino dishes one by one and started with their rice meals that all costs below Php100, well aside from their Grilled Liempo with Salted Egg which costs Php109 But still, they are all affordable that won’t hurt your budget big time!

Crispy Binagoongan 89php

Cabsy Longganisa Rice 89php

Crispy Dinuguan 89php

Bicol Express 89php
Grilled Liempo with Salted Egg 109php

I must admit they all tastes good and satisfying. I’m also impressed with the large amount of serving despite their affordable price. For the rice meals, Crispy Dinuguan is my top favorite as I love its crispy pork strips and dinuguan sauce which makes me want to order an extra rice. 🙂

They also served some of their best-seller appetizers or starters which are definitely a must-try.

Crispy Baked Wings Barbecue 169php

Chili Bombs 129php

Mozza Lava Sticks 129php

Mozza Lava Sticks was gone in 60 seconds hahaha! I was lucky enough as I’m the first one who was able to get one and it was really really GOOD! I was starving that time and I can’t help but grab a bite of it (perks of being a breastfeeding mom lols). The next thing I knew, they were all gone!

I will definitely be coming back because of this!

Wild Mushroom & Truffle Oil 159php

Gambas & Mushroom 159php

Creamy Chicken Pesto 159php

Their pasta tastes creamy delicious! My favorite out of the bunch is the Wild Mushroom & Truffle Sauce, I am not into the cream-based sauce but this one is an exception. You guys should try it!

Overall, we had definitely a satisfying and scrumptious meal at Caffe La Tea!

I really enjoyed their wide variety of food from appetizers to their delighted sweets and I love how relaxing the place is. It is truly a perfect spot along Congressional Ave. to chill with your family and friends. Cost-wise, they are very affordable and highly recommended as it won’t hurt your budget big time! Who wouldn’t love great food at an affordable cost? Caffe La Tea is a food haven for a “budgetarian” like me!

Caffe La Tea is located at 16 Congressional Ave. Project 8 Quezon City and opens from 10am to 12mn.

Telephone No. 02 5877275
Website: http://caffelateaph.com/

1. Berlin Maynigo

Went back after. Staff amiable still. The place can be real crowded though after 9pm

2. ROBERT LEE

Hey nice. From Cabanatuan and now to Metro Manila. Siguro for the food you featured, I would pick the longanisa. It does look tasty. Ambience naman, simple and colors appears to work lalo if they are using halogen for accent lights.

AMAZING LIFE DAILY

3. Maaya Legaspi

Wish I was just near quezon city so i can try it! food looks really delicious and appetizing. Mozza lava sticks is sooooo…. craving right now. 🙁 🙂

4. Nina Sogue (https://ninasogue.wordpress.com)

Why are all of the good things in QC? 🙁 This is a bit far from where I live, but it would be joining my growing list. Their food looks good and very affordable, so that's a plus! 🙂

5. Melanie Ann Luis

Luckily, it's very accessible from where I live. I would love to try out their cupcakes esp. their banoffee pie. I just hope that it will reach my expectations.

6. mommykach

I like the ambiance of the place, parang it's some place that's I can just hang out and while away time. Doesn't hurt that the food looks delish!

7. mommykach

8. ASKSonnie

One thing nice about this coffee shop is you have rice options! So if you're a blogger and would like a place to eat a rice meal at the same time hang-out to do some stuff, this place is to be – Sonnie

9. EensÜ

So many choices… Sayang super layo 🙂

10. Invest Manila

I'm loving your food photos. Now I'm starving. Keep posting quality photos like these and i'll be an avid fan! 😀 — Jen Villarosa

11. Dorothy Torretijo

OMG!! I wanna try this out soon!! All your shots are amazing and the foods are mouth watering.

12. Aika Loraine

Is OpenRice still having eat's a date? Been hearing great reviews about this cafe. Food looks good and you enjoyed as i see – must be the reason.

aikaloraine.com

13. Arrianne Guzman

Jerro is a good friend and one of the best food bloggers I know 🙂 Those milk tea – perfect for summer!!! I'll pair my milk tea with any of the pasta you mentioned for merienda. I hope to visit the place one day 🙂

14. Neri Ann

Coffee + Tea + Food? The three things that I love in one? Super thumbs up!

15. Nini Perez

Yummy! I'm a coffee and dessert person too. I have a separate stomach for those. 🙂 I wish this is nearer. There seems to be a lot of good finds in QC when it comes to food. I only have Jupiter nearby.

16. Lea Malanum

If this was located here in Baguio, this will probably be the first place my friends and family would look for when I go MIA. Food and drinks look so yummy!

17. Louisa

Very affordable meals. I'm not a huge fan of milk teas but these looked enticing.

18. cheanne

Ahhh, I'm craving for milk tea now! Those dishes look yum!

19. Anna Plaida

How come the best resto is in the heart of QC he he he love to try it but we are too far. And I must say the price is so affordabele

20. Peachy Adarne

Caffe la tea looks like such a nice place to eat and hang out with friends just to make chika!

21. Tetcha

I like the name, so catchy! Their food looks delicious, too, and I like that it's super affordable. — Maria Teresa Figuerres

22. May Palacpac

Mura ha. GUsto ko yung binagoongan. I guess if I go there, yan ang una kong oorderin haha

23. ayeeesha

I was here a few days ago 🙂 I like the food, especially their Longganisa pasta. Sarap 🙂 I haven't tried their treats yet since when I was there, Red velvet lang meron.

24. D

Those moza lava! Looks super yummy but affordable!

25. Donna C

Food! Been hearing a lot of good reviews about this cafe. If I am near the area,I'll definitely visit this place.