Smokin Cues – Barbecues from around the globe

Oct 28, 2015 | barbecues, food, smokincues | 29 comments

Hubby and I loves barbecue so much! So when we first saw Smokin’ Cues few months ago, we promised we will make time to try them out. So after 2 months of planning we got the chance as we are celebrating our first year civil anniversary. Wohoo!
The place is not crowded given the small space they have. I like that they still have enough access even if it is filled with customers.
They also have dining area outside especially to those who wants to smoke after. Since they offer beers, for me its one of the best place to chill out that you will find along White Plains Quezon City.

Here is my favorite spot at Smokin’ Cues. You can see a pile of magazines so I assumed that this is their reading / coffee / dining area. You will feel a rustic vibe because of their interior concept. I also love that its facing the road. However, since it is just few meters away from the road, expect honking from the vehicles who passes by. It may startled you at first but for sure you will get used to it.

Raspberry Iced Tea 45php, Cucumber Lemonade 40php
Enough with the admiration of this place and let’s move on with the best part of this post – the food.

Crunchy Kani Salad 70php, Twister Fries 105php, Apple Crumble 90php

The side dishes were OKAY. Nothing is unique nor remarkable for me. Adding the small servings so it’s kinda bitin for us.

Thai Chicken Satay Served with Peanut Sauce 195php, American Kansas-Style Pork Belly Glazed with Whiskey Sauce 215php
Meanwhile, both barbecue looks dry but tender when chewed on.  I love the idea that they came with a special sauce in all kinds of barbecue they offer. Hubby ordered their best seller – American Kansas-Style Pork Belly Glazed with Whiskey Sauce 215php  while I ordered the Thai Chicken Satay Served with Peanut Sauce.  I relished the peanut sauce that comes with my Chicken satay because I find it unique and amazingly delicious. It’s a sweet blend with crunchy peanut bits as a bonus snack.

Cost-wise, the side dishes were a bit pricey for small servings. On the side note, you get what you paid for on their barbecue menu.

Overall, we had a sumptuous anniversary dinner. We look forward to try other barbecue variants on their menu on our next visit. We enjoyed its serene place so hubby and I had a nice conversation as well over dinner. I will highly recommended this place if you happen to pass by White Plains. They have friendly staffs too!

Smokin’ Cue is located at 42 Katipunan Avenue, White Plains, Quezon City and opens from 10am to 11pm. Follow them on Facebook – fb.com/SmokinCues for more updates.

Thank you for reading!

Much Love,

Mommy Mhaan

For more updates, you may follow me on:
Google+: Mommy Rockin’ In Style
Instagram: @MommyRockin_InStyle
Twitter: @momyrockinstyle
For PR/blog inquiries, shoot me an email at [email protected]

1. Beauty Editer

Very beautiful post!

** I'm inviting you to join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!

xoxo;
    VISIT MY BLOG: BEAUTYEDITER.COM
    FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: @BEAUTYEDITER

2. PEACHY PINK SISTERS

Oooh. I love chicken satay so I guess this place is worth a try. 😀 Thanks for the heads up about this place! 😀

3. Bryan Chesca Alejandro

I saw this while we were stuck in the White Plains traffic jam! Yeah, the bbq looks dry though. And the apple crumble doesn't look appetizing. I hope they improve!

• Mommy Rockin' In Style

Actually we werent able to finished the apple crumble because it tastes weird hahah.

4. Team Poreber

I like how the restaurant looks. I'll probably order barbecue and chicken satay for my hubby. Nagutom tuloy ako haha

5. Kimberley Reyes

We love bbq too! We're definitely going to check this out when we're in the area.

6. May Palacpac

Sigh so many nice date-places in QC, but a bit far for us who don't have a car to use to get there. Bus rides are too stressful nowadays. It's something my husband will surely enjoy, we love bbq's. 🙂

7. cheanne

Curious about the crunchy kani salad. Hehe. What made it crunchy? We're not big fans of bbq but we're okay to try just because it's a place we haven't tried yet. 🙂

• Mommy Rockin' In Style

Actually the crunchy part is the thing sprinkled on top. I dont know its name though 🙂

8. Balot

BBQs and beer are best buddies when you want to chill out and relax… and nice place too 🙂

• Mommy Rockin' In Style

Super agree! How I wish I drink beer because I'm allergic to any alcoholic drinks hehehe.

9. Queen Elizabeth

oh we love barbeques so much! Would you believe my son can eat 5 sticks in one sitting plus he can have it breakfast till dinner which isn't healthy at all! I think we should try Smokin' Cues sometime..thanks for sharing!

• Mommy Rockin' In Style

Wow! Thats really unhealthy mommy! But if its once in a while naman I think its fine 🙂

10. Marie Angeli Laxa

I always love me a rustic restaurant! I also love chicken satay. Now I'm craving. Wish their side dishes would be better though!

11. Ruth Alarcon

The foods look appetizing! I want to visit the restau sometime and have a dose of these scrumptious dishes!

12. MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com

I have not been to White Plains in such a long time. There are a lot of restaurants to choose from. I might as well go back and check it out.

Xoxo
    MrsMartinez

13. jared's mum

this looks like a very inviting place to dine in + yes, I'd love to feast on my bbq from time to time! 🙂

14. Peachy Adarne

I love the place . It's simple yet very inviting.

15. Jhanis V.

Food looks good! I love anything bbq, hoping to visit the place soon!

16. LadyAnne Louise Barrun

I like the ambiance of this place and their food looks good. I have to bring my friends here.

17. Charleys Mommy