We got these two during Cloud’s baptismal when he was 3 months old and just opened when he reached 7 months old now that he can sit on his own. We opened them both at the same time so he has two choices and to maximize their uses.
I know these two costs 3,000php above but will update this entry as soon as I have the exact amount.
Chicco has a bigger and heavier packaging than Fisher Price.
For the assembly, I find Chicco easy to assemble as the wheel part are pre assembled so you just insert it on the front frame until you hear a “click” when is slides properly into place. You don’t need tools for this which is a plus.
On the other hand, Fisher Price comes with small parts and screws so you better ready your tools before assembling this one. Hubby spent more than 15 minutes in putting them altogether, from wheels to back frame to handle. All of them are attached with screws which is a good thing for security purpose. Fisher price is sturdier that toddlers can play this too. Siguro kahit ihagis pa buo pa din siya 🙂
ON Button. Chicco’s on button is located just on the left side of the front frame which is very accessible while FP is located at the back.
Chicco has a wheel lock (see below picture) to stop the rotation of the rear wheels. Fisher price has none.
So now let us check their features one by one.
As the toy is pushed forwards, an entertaining tune is played, if baby stops, the music also stops and and this encourages him to keep going.
Activity Centre Function
This first steps also has an activity centre with lights, sounds and lots of play activities, these entertain and amuse baby whilst stimulating his movements, visual and hearing skills and also logical association ability.
Activity Centre Details
1. Slots for the playblocks: baby slots in the blocks which fall through a special channel into the basket at the bottom. When the blocks are moving, they trigger a lively sound and light effect.
2. Left side activity: moving it forwards or backwards will activate a funny sound effect.
3. Right side activity with mirror: moving it forwards or backwards will activate a lively tune and a light effect.
4. Sliding fish: when the fish is moved it activates a funny side effect accompanied by flashing lights.
Gross motor: Lights dance and music plays as baby pushes lion along, encouraging baby to walk.
Fine Motor: Spin, flip, press! Lots of busy hands on activities will help strengthen fine motor skills.
Sensory: Lights, music and hands on fun stimulate baby’s developing senses of sight, sound and touch.
Balance and coordination: Sitting up for play, or standing, walking and pushing the lion along, helps baby develop balance and coordination too!
* 2 “grow with me” ways to play
* Musical piano keys & light up nose
* Bat-at rollerball ears & cute clacker bead toes
* Mirror with peek a boo flip page
* Colorful spinning dial & slider butterfly
To tally this up:
1. Price – ?
2. Assembly – Chicco
3. Structure – Fisher Price
4. Wheel Lock – Chicco
5. Features – Both
6. Look / Appeal – Fisher Price
7. Locally available – Both
So far Cloud is enjoying these two and these will be his buddy until he gets to know how to walk on his own.
I hope I helped you out in choosing walker for your little ones.
Thank you for the time reading this. 🙂