Here is an in-depth review of Specta 9 Plus Portable Double Electric Breast Pump.
This is my first and hopefully the last breast pump I will ever use on my breastfeeding journey.
I have never thought to give a manual pump to try as I need a breast pump that is time and energy saver, especially that I will use this while I am at work.
Where I bought it: Babymama
- Spectra 9 Plus main pump
- Wide neck breast shield (24mm size) x 2
- Bottle x 2
- Slow flow soft teat x 2
- Tubing x 2
- Disc x 2
- Cap x 2
- Backflow protector x 2
- Valve x 2
- Power adaptor
1. So sleek and lightweight that you can easily slip into your handbag.
2. It is a double pump, so you can express both breasts at the same time. What a time saver!
3. It is a closed system, meaning there is no way milk will get inside the pump motor.
4. It has suction levels so you can manage what fits for you.
5. It has a built-in rechargeable battery.
6. The noise is like a mobile vibrating, haven’t compared it though to other breast pumps.
1. You can only have a max of 6 sessions per day on this pump. If you an exclusive pumper, you better opt for a hospital-grade breast pump.
2. In my case, the battery easily drained off after less than a month of using it. Take note, I purchased it brand new. I don’t know but maybe it just so happened that my battery was factory defected. But thanks to Babymama, the battery replacement was for FREE.
To those who want to buy Spectra 9 Plus, just a tip: never use it while charging as it may easily drain the battery.
I have been using this for 4 months now and I can say it does its job very well done. However, if given a chance to purchase a new one, I want to try the Medela Swing Maxi. Some mommies rave on this as a great product plus offer good customer service too.
How about you breastfeeding mommies, who are your BREASTfriends? 🙂
A millenial mom (of two boys) who has passion in makeup and motherhood in between.